Terms + CONDITIONS + PRIVACY
Your membership becomes active the moment your payment processes and continues to auto-renew unless canceled through your member portal.
Creating Your Profile + Managing Your Brand
As soon as your payment is processed, you will receive an email confirmation with a form, along with some other key information on how to keep the ball rolling.
Getting to Know You—Onboarding
You will be asked to complete a form right away and upload any core branding assets you wish to share with us. This should always include a high-resolution logo file (preferably formatted as .eps, .ai, or .psd), some samples of past projects, and any additional information relevant to the guidelines of your existing brand. All of this information is used to match you to a designer and get us on board, well versed, and ready to create right away. Without this key information, we cannot begin to develop your project as it is necessary to the process and integrity of your brand and our ability to represent it accurately.
Ready to Launch
You’re in, uploaded, and ready to go. To submit your first project will use the form located on your Design Ohana Dashboard where you'll be asked a few simple questions so we can get started and stay on brand.
Unlimited Design and Edits—One Project at a Time
Go ahead and line them up—We’re going to keep working on your projects as they appear in your queue (and in the order in which requests are placed); however, we only work on one project at a time per queue (as defined by your membership purchase). Once you’ve signed off on a project, we jump right into the next project in the queue. Be sure you are certain when you sign off on a project. If you change your mind, the project will be added behind the current project on which the team is working.
When to Expect the First Draft
Each current project will be assigned to a designer within 24 business hours of it reaching the front of your queue, except for weekends. We love our designer and copywriter ohana (family), which means we give them a nice, well deserved rest over the weekend. Turns out—Designer/Copywriter bites are wickedly painful, so any requests submitted after 5 p.m. Central Time on Fridays will be assigned to these feisty creatives the following Monday.
Quality First—Timing Always a Consideration
Our reason for being and number one objective is to consistently and efficiently present you with flawless, elegant products (and hopefully outdo ourselves with each project that follows). We will always do our best to address your priority projects and deliver in a timely fashion. However, we are not a “rush” delivery service and do not have the ability to rush any projects.
To avoid painful situations (we’ve all been there) and reckless typos, we ask that you plan for a draft to be returned within two to four business days for smaller, more simple projects and up to two weeks for more complex requests. Of course, the level of detail and quality of the materials you provide with your initial project request helps us move that much faster.
The timing and turnaround for edits will vary based on the level of detail and complexity involved in the task. We ask that you give us the time required to perfect your piece, package it with precision, and deliver unparalleled work.
Checks + Balances—How Your Projects Come to Life
We must treat all members and their projects with the same level of skill and consideration, which requires a reasonable amount of time for each request to be assigned to your designer, reviewed to identify any need for clarifications or missing components, designed, and proofed by our team. We will not skip these steps; and therefore, we can guarantee that each project moves through this important cycle with efficiency and timeliness in mind.
Unlimited Edits—We’re Not Happy Unless You’re Thrilled
Your project will be returned to you as a draft as soon as possible. If an image that we have proposed to use is included in your project, it will be noted as a “comp” image. Once you approve this image for use, we will supply the licensed version as part of the final product.
Somewhere between the first and the final drafts, you are bound to have edits. Perhaps we’ll have a question, a challenge could arise and require your input, or you simply want to see your piece a different way—Edits happen. And just like practice, these babies make perfect. You will never be charged an additional fee for edits and you can have as many or as few as you please.
Oh, Bugger—I Spotted a Typo
Despite our impeccable spot-on design skills, we are human and may make mistakes from time to time. If a product is presented to you with an unintended typo or error as a result of our work, please let us know right away and we will correct the situation. We’re mortified at the thought of it, so please consider that all we want is for you to be blown away every time we work together. Also, for the benefit of all parties, please be thorough when signing off on a project.
We would like to note, however, by registering and submitting payment, you are acknowledging that Design Ohana and its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC is not responsible or liable for any losses or expenses incurred from errors or missing information.
Your Projects Packaged, Delivered + Archived
As we mentioned, your working files and final projects will be housed on our drive for easy access throughout the life of your active membership. Should you decide to cancel and you think it’s unlikely you’ll return, we ask that you download and backup all files to ensure they don’t become lost in the infinite abyss of deleted projects. We will keep all files for three months following your cancellation, after which they may be deleted at our discretion.
If you fail to respond, reactivate, or download your archives, Design Ohana and its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC are not responsible for any lost or damaged files.
The Membership Process
In order to use Design Ohana services—design, copywriting, or a combination of the two—and our website and systems, you agree to pay the current published Membership Fee (in full) that corresponds with your chosen Membership Level. This acknowledgement includes your granting Design Ohana express permission to charge full payment in advance of services rendered. These services will remain available to you for 30 days after registration and will auto-renew every 30 days thereafter until you actively cancel your membership through your Member Portal.
You also acknowledge that, upon registration via the Design Ohana website, you are granting authorization to Design Ohana and/or its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC to apply charges to your defined and up-to-date method of payment (e.g. credit card) for the amount published in accordance with your selected Membership Level at the time of registration, and will be charged thereafter every 30 days, or on every monthly anniversary of your account registration and membership activation. In the event that we are not able to charge your method of payment, your membership is immediately suspended and all projects put on hold until payment is rendered.
Cancellation + Refunds + Termination
Project Ownership—It’s All Yours
As an active or past Design Ohana member, you own the rights to any content designed or written over the course of your active membership. These completed and archived projects belong to you regardless of your membership status; however, Design Ohana and its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC reserve the right to permanently delete these files from the archive once three months (90 days) have passed beyond the date of cancellation. In addition, Design Ohana is not liable for any copyright infringements, false information, or misuse of materials as these are directly attributed to membership requests. It is the responsibility of the Design Ohana member to acquire appropriate permissions for use of content.
You can cancel your membership at any time by simply logging into the member portal and selecting "Cancel." Your services will continue through the end of the latest billing cycle, whereby you receive 30 full days of services and extended access to your archives (Maximum 3 Months Post Cancellation). Unused time will not be refunded or pro-rated. Of course, you will no longer be charged for auto-renewal beyond this point.
Any project in progress on the day of membership expiration will be completed, sent, and archived; however, they must have been started within 5 days prior to the expiration date and you are limited to two rounds of edits. Any untouched project requests remaining on your queue after the full term of the membership has passed will be held for three months, which allows you to jump back in at any time right where you left off and temporarily access your files for download.
Refunds may be granted if a request has been made within the first five days of your first membership start date. Refunds will not be provided for any unused services. To request a refund, please send an email within this five-day time frame to email@example.com documenting your reason for canceling membership and any other pertinent details. Once a refund request has been processed and approved, you will be notified and your account will be credited within 5 to 7 business days.
We’re all about positive, pleasant experiences. Design Ohana and it’s holding company Creative MoJo, LLC reserve the right to terminate your membership at any time should you violate any of our policies (documented in this Agreement and noted below) or fail to pay your monthly Membership Fee and/or update expired payment information on record by your designated due date.
The following conditions constitute grounds for Membership termination:
- Misuse or non-permissible duplication of copyright-protected materials (poached or stolen graphics, imagery, and/or copy) derived from content included on the Design Ohana website and all social media profiles and pages associated with our work or portfolio samples that represent the work of our clients.
- Sending requests to incorporate the use of non-licensed content
- Sending requests to incorporate material featuring patients, clients, or minors without express permission granted by the individual or legal representative
- Using our service to promote illegal material, services, or products or images deemed pornographic, violent, or inappropriate by Design Ohana or its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC
- Treating any member of the Design Ohana team or our client ohana with disrespect or malice
COPYRIGHT + CONTENT APPROVAL
By accessing and using Design Ohana services and any material presented on our website or management software, you agree with the following:
- All content that you provide, whether visual or text-based, has been proofed and approved by you or any documented and designated representatives of your business, in addition to (when applicable) the lawful owner of any copyrighted or trademarked content. This makes you legally responsible for the materials you provided to Design Ohana to create your projects. We are not liable for your materials as they pertain to any existing or potential license or trademark issues.
- You represent to Design Ohana and its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC that all materials provided do not infringe on the intellectual property rights of third parties.
- You indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Design Ohana and Creative MoJo, LLC. and its key stakeholders from and against all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, and expenses including, but not limited to, legal fees that result due to your non-compliance and breach of these Terms of Agreement and your participation in Design Ohana Membership, the use of our website, and/or services.
- You agree that you’ve read the contents of our current Terms and Conditions and fully comprehend the content presented on our website and in our public communication on how our services work, our process, and our policies.
- You acknowledge that all content presented on the Design Ohana website is protected by copyright and cannot be used, modified, or duplicated without express consent from appointed Design Ohana leadership.
Your right to privacy and confidentiality is critical and we will protect this by adhering to the following policies and conditions defined below:
- Mum’s the Word. Communication regarding your account is strictly limited to those who have been authorized and documented in your company profile.
- Your account details are sacred to us. Your account information and brand elements will never be shared with anyone outside of Design Ohana and will be used strictly to create products requested by you or a designated representative. Furthermore, your personal and business information will never be sold, traded, or shared with any entities outside of Design Ohana.
- Your password is yours and yours alone. Your membership password is completely hidden from team members of Design Ohana or its holding company Creative MoJo, LLC; Therefore, you will be asked to reset your password any time it is lost. We cannot access this information for our own use or on your behalf.
- No roque logins allowed. We are exclusively content creators; Therefore, we will never ask for a password protected login or access to any software or programs including, but not limited to, Design Ohana. We leave the posting, publishing, sharing, and any further distribution to you and your a.m.a.z.i.n.g. team.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act
Should you provide copyrighted or trademarked material to Design Ohana to integrate into your project request and did not secure express permission from the owner to use, modify, or duplicate the material, Design Ohana is not responsible for identifying misuse of content. However, should we spot an instance of inappropriate use of content through proactive measures, we will refuse to use or archive it.
If you believe any materials published on the Design Ohana website infringe a copyright, you must provide a written notice containing the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.